Vanilla from Tahiti
- My go-to vanilla purveyor is www.vanillafromtahiti.com.
- They have a flavorful and well balanced product and are a great value for commercial and retail purchases.
As a restauranteur, I find that the professionalism, timing of delivery and pricing commercially are very easy to work with. I highly recommend this vanilla.
Kombucha is a made to taste, healthy antioxidant drink Fred dabbles in as it is another venue for mushrooms – watch him here!
Chef Frederic’s Kombucha Recipe
- Brew together for 15 minutes:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Gallon Water
- 10 regular size Tea Bags of your choice in leaf/brand/flavor
Let cool and add:
- 12oz of Kombucha. (Can be found in health food stores)
- 1 LIVE KOMBUCHA MUSHROOM; any size –- you must find locally -– ask your health food store
Cover with a paper towel (and rubber band for capping – but let breath Let sit for 10 days at room temperature (58 – 75*). During this time, the mushroom will grow and transform the tea and sugar into Kombucha.
After 10 days, remove the mushroom (can re-use in future batches).
Then add Strawberries, crushed hibiscus flower and ginger to taste. You can be creative here and add natural ingredients to your liking for flavor. Close with airtight lid now and let sit to ferment for another 10 days.
Filter, refrigerate and enjoy!
Mancianti Olive Oils
- These exceptional Olive Oils are imported directly from Italy and have outstanding flavors.
- We carry a number of our favorite Mancianti products in our online shop. Or, you can learn more about the company at its website, here.
Avalon Lodge South Lake Tahoe
- The absolute BEST place to stay in south shore!
- Walk to Heavenly or the Lake Tahoe Marina and when you are done playing and exploring – the rooms are the best in Tahoe! Newly renovated, with amazing linens, amenities and service.
For more information visit Avalon Lodge South Lake Tahoe
Catalina Offshore Products
- Fresh Sashimi Grade Jumbo Scallops U-8 (Hototegai)/lb - Mano de Leon
- Large in size, but with a delicate and unsurpassed flavor to savor. One can be the mainstay of your meal on its own or slice thinly for a carpaccio or to create your own appetizer or chop into small pieces for a wonderful salad addition. You won’t be disappointed!
For the public, ask for them at your favorite market, fish shop, or restaurant. For the industry, these scallops are offered by Catalina Offshore Products
Roederer Estate NV Brut
- Sparkling wine from Anderson Valley, Mendocino, California
- I know of no better way to celebrate than with a bottle of bubbly, and this is a great one! It will tickle your palate and not offend your wallet.
Known as the California outpost of Champagne Louis Roederer; Roederer Estate winery builds upon a centuries-old tradition of fine winemaking. This sparkling wine and its siblings are produced using only Estate-grown grapes from the winery's own vineyards. Carrying on the tradition of Champagne Louis Roederer in France, special oak-aged reserve wines are added to each blend.
Sold at many discerning shops and restaurants. For the industry: Imported by Maisons, Marques and Domaines
DCS Grill and Rotisserie
- This appliance has become a staple in our repertoire of cooking at home; year round!
- The perfect Poulet can be had on this rotisserie and be sure to slide the potatoes below to catch the drippings – Mmmmm! The BTU’s, even cooking, and quality are what matter on a grill and this one’s got ‘em all in a stylish package.
DCS Appliances can guide you to a vendor close to you. In our neck of the woods, this appliance can be found at Elegant Bath and Kitchen
- From destination and themed celebrations; corporate retreats and motivational events to raising money for your non-profit: Sierra Events is your one stop shop.
- Working with them as the sole caterer or as part of a celebrity chef and vintner fundraiser, has been easy and fun. The feedback we get from those we serve rave about Sierra Events seamless implementation and attention to detail. They make it look easy.
They listen to your needs and translate it into a perfect event with the end result in mind. They are practiced at creating wonderful memories for your guests. Learn more about Sierra Events.
Tahitian Vanilla Beans (Papua New Guinea)
- I first learned of these at the large, local Papeete market in Tahiti.
- The unique scent blend of licorice, cherries, and even wine drew me in, and once I used them in cooking, I recognized their ability to enhance other foods and flavors. The “Tahitian” vanilla beans are truly one of a kind. They are generally shorter, plumper and contain a much higher oil and water content than other beans. The aroma is flowery, fruity and anisic with a smooth flavor. I find them perfect for many applications.
For more information or to get your own, visit the Beanilla Premium Vanilla website.
St. Benoit Yogurt
- Fresh, Organic, Sustainable, Amazing!
- I visited the farm itself because I had never had a better yogurt in my life. I was won over immediately by the products, process, and certainly the passion of Benoît de Korsak, owner, himself!
For more information, visit the Saint Benoît Yogurt website.
Diners rave about their dining experiences:
Amazing culinary experience!! We have dined in some of Europe’s finest restaurants and consider the food at Lakefront to be among the best. If you have the chance to taste Chef Frederic’s artistry, I’m sure it will be a memorable one. His passion and commitment to outstanding food is a rare gem these days. We dine at Lakefront each time we visit Mammoth.
Daniela & Christopher